Saturday 18 March 2023

Awaycation Summer Sun 2023 #1

I have been hitting the books/apps today to look for a second overnight stop on the way south.  I booked some places in advance last summer as it was our first trip away in the motorhome.

When we went again in November, I only booked the first night in advance and then we left it to the morning to book the next one. The PITA with Camping-Car Parks is that when you book online it doesn't eat into any balance you have on the card, but wants you to pay separately.  This in effect means you have €'s sitting the account that aren't used until you rock up at a site un-booked.

As we are planning to meet Claire's ex-work colleague at her home near Sainte Etienne, I am looking for somewhere near Macon on the way down and then maybe neat StE on the next night.

Camping-Car Parks aren't that wonderful in this area.

So I checked the ACSI book. Some choices for both areas. But the need to pay in full now is a little off putting.

I'll give the France Passion app a bit of a bashing later and see what we can come up with .

No comments:

Post a Comment