Tuesday 28 March 2023

Staycation Spring 2023 #4

Sadly this trip isn't purely a pleasure trip as part of it is so Claire can attend the funeral of her Uncle in Salisbury.

I had planned to get away over the May Bank Holiday weekend anyway. Part of the weekend, Saturday, sees Arsenal at home against Chelsea. A "can't miss" session.

So I was looking at Sunday onwards. I checked the places we like and none of them had any pitches free for Sunday onwards.

Salisbury is about 150 miles from home. It's a bit of a long way in one day. We also need someone to look after Reggie. He's not the easiest though.

We could go in the Moho and see about parking later. The church looks to be near the Cathedral and it's double-yellows everywhere.

So when we got the funeral date I looked for a site near Salisbury. The Caravan and Motorhome Club have a site about 10 miles away. 

I think a site would be better as there's facilities rather than CL's where we would have to use the onboard washing facilities.

So I have booked it. Two nights for £63. The night before the funeral and the one after.

Then back to the first idea. I had another look. Arriving in the middle of the bank holiday weekend rules out many sites.

In the end I went onto Pitchup. Tried Dorset adult only. A couple but none grabbed me. Changed the filter and the site we stayed at near Chesil Beach came up. 

So I booked East Fleet Farm Camping that as well for the two nights before the Salisbury stay.

Both sites dog friendly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment