Sunday 7 May 2023

Awaycation Autumn Sun 2023

This trip hasn't been looked at since Christmas Day 2022. So I am having another look to see what we can do on this trip. The options are to stay once again in France or to go east and look at Germany and maybe Austria?

The last blog was about going to Germany and maybe as far as Fussen and Neuschwanstein Castle. I have read a few reviews of the parking near the Castle and they aren't all that good. When I was there last June with my bike mates, the Castle had been sold out for ages to the many coach parties.

Claire and I did part of the Romantic Road already and the bike lads and I did a bit of it last year on the way home.

So where to go? This trip we will be on the P&O Ferry to Calais and arriving at around 12.25pm. We will of course have to do a shop and so we have about five hours or so to the first stop of the trip. I will be checking the ACSI site to see what there is available around that time and distance.

Maybe limit the total distance to the Mosel and Rhein? Even at 50mph average on the toll free motorways we might not get that far. It's sun we want to pouring rain and cold! Perhaps head to northern Germany? Or keep to the original plan and head for Bavaria and maybe Czech?

Suggestions always appreciated.

The world of course is our huitre....


P.S. A useful website is https://www.tolls.eu/fuel-prices . I needs to be updated more often as it looks like only monthly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment