Thursday 3 August 2023

Molly Warranty Work & Damage Estimates!

Molly has been at JC Leisure in Rye for almost a week and I dropped them an email today to see how they are getting on with the warranty work and the estimate for the damage to the bumpers.

I am quite happy to hold my hands up and admit that the damage and hole (!) in the left rear corner was entirely my fault. 

At the campsite in Chataigneraie on June 9th, I was a little flustered as we had tried to get on a pitch and due to the ground being wet, the wheels had spun a little and we went to look for another. Backing in, I hit the rear corner on the hedge and thick branch cracked the bumper. To tell the truth I was sick to my stomach at the damage. We had only had the moho just over two months!

So I knew that we would need to get it fixed as some stage.  What I didn't expect though was to come back to the van on the way home through France to find that someone had run into the right rear corner! There was signs that it had been bumped and repaired before but now it was cracked again. It was also covered in black paint or maybe rubber, on the bumper and up the corner trim. There was also another crack halfway across the right side between the number plate and that corner!

Today I got an email from JC to say that the warranty work has mostly been done. They didn't expand on that.

As well as a few small bits like the driver's side blind that had a broken runner, the door hinge missing a bolt, the awning rafter fitting at the top that had fallen out the first time we used it, plus the squeaking of the works when winding out.... I mentioned that when lying in bed we can see that there is a damp stain to the front of the forward rooflight.  It's dry and there doesn't seem to have been any further ingress. 

In France we had been caught in some monsoon like rain and nothing appeared to have come in. we were probably driving at 40mph on one stretch when the wipers were just coping! One night it was raining and water was dripping from the front edge onto the bed. I dried it with a cloth and it seemed the gutter was overflowing.  I checked the rubber seal and it wasn't seated properly.  Next day I climbed up in the step and checked it was in the right place.  I mentioned this and in the email today JC have put in a warranty claim for a new rooflight! Gulp.

I emailed back and said to go ahead with the bumper fixing and let us know when we can have Molly back as we are away again on August 31st - France again!

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment