Friday 25 August 2023

We now have TV!

RCA 22" 12v/230v 1080P TV

We have finally gone and done it. Matt our neighbour bought our old van and he has been spending money to get it as he wants it.  

One of  hs first jobs was to get a TV for when he's away and takes his Mum with him.  I had been looking at these for a while and on Amazon they are priced at £99.99. A penny under the spread the payments threshold of £100!

As I had bought the Maypole Wheel Clamp a week or so ago, Claire bough the TV and the bracket to go on the wall.  Matt did the fitting yesterday!  All we were missing was the aerial cable!  He brought along his one to get the TV working.

The freeview element found 160 TV channels!  I have no idea that there would be that many free ones! Then he said he had bought an Amazon Firestick.  

As it happens another friend has a 4K Fire Stick spare as his new massive TV does all that. So I connected that today and after some messing about it's connected and we have gone from nothing to loads of channels. We came to a deal and £25 it's ours. Tonight on Amazon they have cut the new price from £60 to £39!

For the money the TV is superb quality in picture. The sound isn't too good although not useless, but connecting my Betron Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker with a 3.5mm jack plug enhances it greatly.


I ordered an aerial cable from Amazon and it came today. We estimated that a .5m (50cm) would be good and unobtrusive. Sadly not. It's about 3cm too short! We were going to Tesco shopping and so I bought a 1m cable at Curry's and it works perfectly. Luckily, I was able to get on Amazon and return the .5m cable and get a refund.  Oddly, they don't want it back. I am supposed to get an email.... I took a screen shot though and saved it to the laptop!

I can now watch Bosch when we are away!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment