Saturday 11 March 2023

Awaycation Summer Sun 2023 #1

After sorting out a few details and working my way through the various books from ACSI and France Passion, plus the websites/apps about overnight stops I eventually checked pitchup.com.

For the first night in France after we get off the Shuttle I want to have somewhere booked so that we don't have to start looking for a stop.

In the end I have booked one night with EHU at Camping de la Pointe near to Laon. 

It's to the north of Reims and easily accessible from the A26, should we decide to take the toll road route from the Shuttle at Coquelles.

Compared with many UK sites this is much less expensive. A pitch with electric and with even having to pay for the dog it's a few pence over £21. It's a grass pitch. So we have to keep fingers crossed it's dry!

That's all booked so far. I'll hit the books and apps for a second overnight.

The second night is more than liable to be at a Camping-Car Park Aire or France Passion.

I joined the latter last year but we didn't use the book. Partly as I forgot to pack it. Instead we did use seven of the Camping-Car Parks.

These proved pretty good and averaged about €11.50 across the entire stay. We also stayed at a council aire at St Cyprien on the Mediterranean coast. Another car-park style park-up.




No comments:

Post a Comment