Monday 13 March 2023

Awaycation Summer Sun 2023 #2

Another awaycation already!

The P&O ferry was booked for this trip whilst we were away last year. There was an offer that vastly reduced the fare and so I took up the offer.  It wasn't quite at the level of being unable to refuse though!

So where to go? We leave after the kids go back to school in early September, and so we should have a children-free adventure in the Moho. Well, that's what I am hoping anyway.

Personally I'd like to go to Norway. But with only two weeks booked that's not going to be possible.  I think Norway will become Awaycation Summer (Sun?) 2024! Sun in brackets as that depends on the time of year.  I think we'd be looking at June and maybe three weeks or more.  We'd also need to be more self sufficient by then.

Anyway back to #2 this year.

Since I went with some friends to the Czech SOC Rally last year and we came back via Fussen and some of the Romantic Road, I'd like to try Bavaria again. Once again we have two weeks.  Claire likes the idea of France and going across to Brittany.

So France or Germany? A trip along the Moselle and the Rhine could be enticing even if we don't get to Bavaria.  Of simply head across France.

Plenty of time for the thinking caps on.



No comments:

Post a Comment